KanCare Ombudsman

Do you have questions about  KanCare/Medicaid? Do you need help?

Kansas Medicaid, known as KanCare, can be hard to understand.  

The KanCare Ombudsman Office can help with:

  • Answers to questions
  • Resolving issues
  • Understanding letters from KanCare
  • Responding when you disagree with a decision or change
  • Completing an application or renewal
  • Filing a complaint (grievance)
  • Filing an appeal or fair hearing
  • Learning about in-home services, also called Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
  • Listen, offer ideas, resources and options
  • Be respectful, encouraging, resourceful and helpful

For information on how to contact the KanCare Ombudsman Office, go to About/Contact Us.
KanCare Ombudsman Brochure